My children went back to school last week. AR and LK are both in junior high!! Another HUGE change this year is that Mr. B will be attending school for the FULL DAY! (Last year he was in half-day K)
For years the time when I'd be home by myself for several uninterrupted hours was just a hazy sort of dream--a time in the future that seemed too far away to be real. I had such big plans involving scrubbing the house top to bottom, organizing closets, cleaning out drawers plus a bunch of other activities like going to lunch, the temple, shopping without kids etc.
Now it's a reality and I've been shocked at how quickly the time has flown by! I haven't scrubbed a thing because I'm still trying to put away the summer clutter first. Not a drawer has been cleaned or a closet organized yet. I have been able to go out to lunch and the temple and help a friend hem her curtains and another friend move but the days and hours are gone quicker than I realize.
Even my morning routine goal of study and exercise after the kids leave means that I'm not dressed and ready until around 9:30 or 10:00. Crazy! I guess I just need to begin in smaller chunks and set goals in sections. Any suggestions?
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, this happens to me too! When my one little baby goes down for naptime, it feels like my one big chance to get things done! Where do those three hours a day go?
When there's a lot to do and I want to feel like I did at least some of it, I carry a kitchen timer around the house and spend 15 minutes on each important task. It's surprising what you can get done in 15 minutes when you buckle down.
I also decide to not check my email or phone.
I feel the same way!! Especially since I schedule things while the little guy is at school. And part of the problem is that once kids DO get home, thing are crazy until bedtime. Once you get things figured out, be sure to let me know. :)
Post a Comment