Except for the CATAPULT and THE SKY COASTER. These two rides cost extra but they are so worth it! Each of them is fast and smooth. Last time we went to Lagoon I was pregnant and couldn't go on these. My husband went on the Sky Coaster with my little sisters and all 3 of them hated it. I was jealous. So this year I did both! So fun!!
This was the stock photo on Lagoon's website. Here's how it explains the ride:
In the amusement industry, the "Catapult" is frequently called the world's
hottest new attraction, providing riders a unique, high adrenaline, vertical
experience. The Catapult utilizes a specially designed
spring machine that operates by applying over forty tons of force to
extension springs. When launched, riders will experience forces
similar to astronauts as they are rocketed from ground level to well over 200
feet in the air. At the highest point, riders will become weightless momentarily
as they freely rotate forward and backward before they are pulled back to Earth.
Here my son is just putting on a brave face. He wasn't as excited about it as I was!
But the BEST RIDE EVER was the SKY COASTER!
Here is the description from the website but I think the pictures show it better than words can: "the flyers are approximately 143 feet above the ground with the flight
cables taut and the flight is ready to begin. Upon being given the signal, the
flyers pull the rip cord, releasing them from the launch cable, and they begin
to rapidly swing towards the ground at speeds reaching up to 80 mph. The overall
feeling is similar to that of swooping along the ground in a hang glider, or
that of skydiving."

2 comments:
Those aren't the two BEST rides, those are the two WORST rides! I've never been so scared in my entire life!
Oh, heavens. I remember Lia and I NOT wanting to go on that awful sky coaster thing. Dad finally had to bribe us by paying us $50 to go on it. I've never screamed so much in my entire life!! Apparently you got all the adventure seeking genes, along with the mad map skills. :)
Post a Comment