Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A HIGHLIGHT FROM OUR SUMMER, LAGOON!

This year we escaped Arizona just in time to avoid the heat wave of 118.  What we didn't plan was that UT was experiencing the same heat wave.

So we spent the day at Lagoon with an 102 degree high.  Pros:  the lines were very short!  Cons:  I was melting all day!  (One thing that I find humorous is when people say, "oh you're from AZ you should be use to this"  No, I'm use to AIR CONDITIONING  in my house, car, and anywhere else I go.  In the summer in AZ the only time you're outside is to be in the pool or you're walking from your car into somewhere else that's air-conditioned.  For 3 days in UT I was hotter than I ever remember being in AZ for years.)

When I was growing up we visited my parent's families every summer in UT.  The highlight was always spending the day at Lagoon.  Since I've been married we've only been back a couple times.  This was our first visit when I wasn't pregnant and the kids were tall enough for most everything.  Even in spite of the heat, we had a wonderful time with my sister-in-law and her kids.









Up next:  My 2 most favorite rides ever!

3 comments:

JLJ said...

Hah! I hear you on being too squeamish for the thrill rides. But you are brave to go on the sky-coaster. I saw that thing and thought, no way! You get a cool mom award for that one and going on the catapult. Have you happened to see that crazy you-tube clip called, "Help me Janice!" It's filmed on a ride similar to the catapult. Some people think it's cruel, but I can't stop laughing when I see it. I'm curious to know what you think.

Elder and Sister Madsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elder and Sister Madsen said...

I'm with you! The heat at 95 degrees here in Utah makes me crazy. People expect to be outside for picnics, walks, games...anything! Anyone from Arizona would understand me when I say that I don't usually come out of the cool cave until sometime in October.