It is the one and only time that I've ever been OUT-SHOPPED by my husband!
Don't misunderstand me; it is a wonderful store! But after an hour-and-a-half of wandering around, reading about the difference between herbs, spices & blends, and opening the jars and sniffing them, I was finished. And so I sat down on a bench and waited for him. And waited.
He spent his entire gift card and when we came home with all the new bottles I was surprised to find that I wasn't familiar with over half of the ones he purchased--ones like Fenugreek, Maharajah Style Curry, Sate', Mace, Chipotle', Tandoori, and Epazote.
Fast forward 7 years and its the only place we will buy spices anymore. I know it sounds strange but trust me. Smell your bottle of cinnamon and then smell my jar of Vietnamese Cinnamon. The difference will astonish you!
Here is a gift box my sister and I were putting together for a wedding gift. We had so many favorites we were having a hard time deciding on what to give!
(And just in case you're wondering, the price is really not too much more than a bottle you'd buy at Fry's.)
1 comment:
You recommended Penzy's to me a while ago and we are hooked too. The flavors are so much fresher and intense. A few years ago I sent my mom a gift box for Christmas and now whenever she comes to AZ for a visit we always have to stop at Penzy's. She knows you can buy online or through catalog but I think there's something special about wandering the shop, smelling the samples.
Post a Comment