My friend had some extra tickets to "A Midsummer Night's Dream" put on by Arizona Ballet at Symphony Hall and invited me and my daugthers to go. (Thanks JL!) It was a wonderful girls date out! #2 even got to miss school. After the ballet we went to Paradise Bakery where both girls were excited to order Macaroni and Cheese. (I don't know why?)
Before the ballet, I prepared the girls for the experience. We talked about how a ballet tells a story through dance and music but no words. We talked about appropriate behavior at the theater. I told them all about the story so they would understand better what was happening and even about Shakespeare. The ballet started and I was thinking that I had done a pretty good job until #2 leans over to me and whispers,
"Mom? Is that the boys' privates I can see?"
"Ummmmm."
Before the ballet, I prepared the girls for the experience. We talked about how a ballet tells a story through dance and music but no words. We talked about appropriate behavior at the theater. I told them all about the story so they would understand better what was happening and even about Shakespeare. The ballet started and I was thinking that I had done a pretty good job until #2 leans over to me and whispers,
"Mom? Is that the boys' privates I can see?"
"Ummmmm."
1 comment:
I love that you took them to the ballet! Some of my favorite memories are of being their age and doing such grown up things- even when it feels like they didn't quite get it ;)
Post a Comment