Celebrating the beautiful weather, my youngest two and I were enjoying some time at the park. #3 is playing with a little Asian-looking girl and coincidently I'm sitting next to the girl's mother.
With the 2 sitting atop a giant flower, we overhear my daughter telling her new friend, "My dad doesn't like people from China."
Realizing I need to end this conversation quickly I yell out, "No! that is not true. He does like people from China."
#3: "No, he doesn't! He told me!"
Me: "Why do you think that?"
#3: "Because they don't be free."
Me: "Honey, he was talking about their goverment. Do you know what a goverment is?"
#3: "Yes, they are in charge of the world!"
The woman sitting next to me was cordial. She said her daughter walks around telling everyone they won't buy any toys from China. She was probably secretly thinking I was a jerk.
For the rest of the day I drilled #3. Does Daddy like people who live in China? Yes!
#3 has a way with words. A few other things she says: Instead of Dimetapp--DimeAttack. Instead of your Big Toe--its your Thumb Toe. You can set the table--and you can set your bed. I use that phrase now when I tell the kids to clean their rooms and set their beds. Now that I'm thinking about it, is that a normal phrase--to set the bed? I've used it for so long I'm not sure if its normal or not. Oh well, its just another way that a little person affects your life to the point that you can't possibly imagine life without them and the thought of missing that is too painful to even consider.
With the 2 sitting atop a giant flower, we overhear my daughter telling her new friend, "My dad doesn't like people from China."
Realizing I need to end this conversation quickly I yell out, "No! that is not true. He does like people from China."
#3: "No, he doesn't! He told me!"
Me: "Why do you think that?"
#3: "Because they don't be free."
Me: "Honey, he was talking about their goverment. Do you know what a goverment is?"
#3: "Yes, they are in charge of the world!"
The woman sitting next to me was cordial. She said her daughter walks around telling everyone they won't buy any toys from China. She was probably secretly thinking I was a jerk.
For the rest of the day I drilled #3. Does Daddy like people who live in China? Yes!
#3 has a way with words. A few other things she says: Instead of Dimetapp--DimeAttack. Instead of your Big Toe--its your Thumb Toe. You can set the table--and you can set your bed. I use that phrase now when I tell the kids to clean their rooms and set their beds. Now that I'm thinking about it, is that a normal phrase--to set the bed? I've used it for so long I'm not sure if its normal or not. Oh well, its just another way that a little person affects your life to the point that you can't possibly imagine life without them and the thought of missing that is too painful to even consider.

(She has fish sheets because I don't have an extra pair of pink sheets and hers were in the wash.)
3 comments:
That story is so funny and those pictures are so sweet. I just makes me want to kiss her cheeks then go squeeze all my kids!
Oh. That is pretty embarrassing. However, #3 is very informed.
PS. Was is #2 or #3 having the conversation with you? If you meant #3, you have #2 written in the dialogue. I do it all the time. It's very confusing having alias names.
Whoops! It was #3 NOT #2. Sorry, I just changed it.
Post a Comment