Tuesday, November 4, 2008

LESSONS IN GEOLOGY

I was asking a friend if she had any great ideas on cleaning toilets and how to get the ring out of my kids' bowl. She said that she uses a pumice stone and that it works great. So I went to Wal-mart and found the "natural cleaning stone." It worked so well that I decided to use it on the sinks too. The sinks didn't really need it but it's always fun to use a new "toy," and so I scrubbed away. Whoops!

What I found out, which my husband confirmed later that night, is that porcelain is a much harder stone than cultured marble. Huh. It might have said something like that on the directions I didn't read.

I guess when we get granite in the kitchen, I may have a vanity that needs replacing as well.

3 comments:

JLJ said...

Yikes! For the toilet ring I just use those clorox toilet bowl pellets, er, tabs... not sure exactly what they are called. You put one in the tank and it keeps the water clean for a month and keeps a ring from forming.

I'm confused though. I thought you had granite in your kitchen?

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Yes, I did use those Clorox tablets until the home warranty people told me that it warps the plastic part inside the tank and voids my warranty (which is now over anyway). They did work great, but aren't very compatable with my cheap toilet!

No, I wish we had granite in our kitchen. It was on our list of things to do when we moved in but has moved lower and lower down the list.

Cheryl said...

I have always used the pumice stone in my toilet. Guess I'm glad I never tried it in the sink! Also, do you want just 1 ticket for the movie, or do you have sis/friends who would like to come too?

(PS dumb thing, but my "word verification" word is "fuggless". That just makes me giggle. I may have to start using that word in conversation... hee hee)