It's no secret I enjoy shopping of all kinds. I think Black Friday I set a record for the longest I've ever shopped in one day (Thanks for staying home with the kids Babe!) But my shopping enjoyment has certain rules--the biggest of which is that I don't go clothes shopping for myself. I love finding bargains to decorate my house with. I get a high digging through racks at Last Chance for kids shoes and clothes. So far I can still pick out darling clothes for my kids and they'll wear them. Shopping. Kids clothes and shoes. Gifts. Home Decor. Gourmet Food. Kitchen Gadgets. BOOKS! Toys. Music. Clothes for Hubbie. Commissions for misc items from Mom and Sister. Sales!
But I hate trying to find things for myself. I was figuring this past week that in the last 3 1/2 years I have bought a total of 4 pairs of jeans. One was maternity and another pair was for that akward post-maternity time frame. The third pair I wear as often as they are clean and the fourth pair sits on my closet shelf waiting for the time that they will fit or stretch. (I was told that they stretch a full size so to buy a size smaller. I put them on every week or so, wear them around the house and then take them off whenever I need to sit down or breathe--whichever come first)
On the days when my good pair is dirty, I wear the jeans that I bought 4 years ago. My sisters haven't said anything yet about boot cut or straight legs being out so I figure at least I'm still presentable.
Here's the thing. My "new" jeans are so much more comfortable than the old ones because they're made of that special stretchy fabric. When you sit down the crease doesn't cut off the circulation to the leg. And even after washing, they still fit right.
So I need to go jean shopping for myself. Sigh. (The only thing worse than that would be buying new bras.) Given the life expectancy of my denim I don't mind spending a little more but I need help to know what to look for so I can minimize that depressing time standing in front of the 3 way mirror in the dressing room. What are your favorites?
2 comments:
I'm in the same denim boat as you. I have two go-to jeans (that currently fit). One of them is 5 years old and I'm sure totally nerdy but I don't care because they are comfortable and I don't get muffin top. So whatever you find let me know. The only advice I can give is to NOT buy the "curvy" jeans at the gap. Ugh. They didn't look too bad in the tiny dressing room and I wasn't about to model them out to the three way mirror. Anyway, after I wore them for a day I realized how awful they looked. And I kept hoping they would get better but it's just the opposite. Every time I put them on I hate them even more. Good luck!
Deb Dame gets e-mails from some designer traveling jean company. apparently they get all the "out of season" designer pants, and sell them SUPER cheap. They are authentic and I feel I found my dream pair, unfortunately my growing belly is not allowing me to wear them too much longer, but can't wait to get back into to them in a year:-) Anyway I could find out from her and get back to you! In the mean time, good luck!
Post a Comment