Thursday, December 18, 2008

O Tannenbaum!


One of my most favorite Christmas traditions is decorating the tree. Each year we go to a Christmas tree lot and pick out the "best" tree. Once its home and in place we pull out the bin of ornaments and lights. The kids dance around asking for one of their special ornaments and exclaiming, "Oh I remember this one!" Each ornament has a story and is special for a different reason. For instance, you can barely just see a little Campbell's Soup Can towards the top of the tree. Look in your pantry to see where it was made--Good ole' Camden, New Jersey where we spent two years of our life. Its fun to unpack that one and share what memories come to mind.
I especially like the ornaments with pictures of the kids. I imagine as the years go by those pictures will become more and more precious.

I have friends who have trees beautifully decorated and coordinated. They look wonderful! But I am very happy with our hodge-podge offering.

The other night my dad was over and remarked that the tree looked so good that it almost looked fake. I thought that a little ironic since people will compliment fake trees by saying they look real. Either way, I love the feelings our Christmas tree brings to my heart!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love your tree! It's so big! I also really like trees where you can see the TREE part -- some people overload on the decorations. Yours is great!