My hubbie and I went on a fun date last weekend: dinner, Christmas shopping, and then dessert. Since it was getting late, our choices for dessert were somewhat limited and we ended up at BJ's restaurant & brewery. We love their pizza and salads! While I was eating my apple crisp (which was D-sgusting), my husband was working on his Brownie. Suddenly he looked like he was choking! My concern quickly turned to panic as he sat there writhing and not anwering me: "What's wrong? Can you breathe? What is it?"
Just as I was about to get up and perform the heimlich he recovered and said that he had just had the most revolting bite of something. At that moment the waitress came up asking what was wrong. It wasn't 1 minute more before the manager showed up too. My babe tried to explain what he had eaten. The manager said that the pizza making station is at the same table as the pizookies and brownies and it was decided that a clove of garlic had fallen into the brownie. Yuck! They wanted to bring him a new one. He passed.
They were apologetic and comped the dessert (I left a bigger tip). Each year for Christmas Eve we have a tradition of ordering pizza. I have a feeling that this year it won't be from BJ's.
3 comments:
EWWW! Yuck!
Hey! We were out to dinner this weekend at Charlestons and got comped too! I was with Jill and Scott after the temple (Dave wanted to get home in a hurry for the game). I ordered a salad and then something to take home for Dave and Jill and Scott ordered 1 thing to share as well as a side salad and soup. They brought out the soup and salads. By the time I was done, their food still hadn't come (and I had a very big salad). the waiter asked if we had room for dessert and Jill said they were still waiting for their dinner. He looked dumbfounded for a second then said, "Ummm...let me go and check on that." Long story short--too late-- he had forgotten to put that in, as well as Dave's order. So, we got that part for free. Not bad!
I usually like BJ's, but of course, I never have gotten dessert there. I'll have to remember not to in the future!
Ha! I thought you were going somewhere else with that "special" part. Like maybe your hubster helped bust up a drug ring at BJ's - they were smuggling it out in their brownies.
Post a Comment