Phew! I'm glad that my talk is over! It was like putting down a burden that I had been carrying around for a week. I feel like it went okay. I was the concluding speaker and had 23 minutes to fill! Of course I've never been one to have a problem being quiet so I told a couple stories I had originally decided not to tell because of time and finished exactly when I was supposed to. (Plus I knew if I finished early then my primary sharing time lesson would have that much extra time--no way!)
Another relief for me....my Christmas cards are mailed out. Yeah! If you don't get one in the next couple days its because I don't have your address. Email me if you're dying to see it.
Plus my sweet little sister suggested we make and deliver treats together this year. (She lives just down the street from me and so we have a lot of the same people we would be delivering to) One thing I love about my sister is that she follows through and finishes projects. So I knew that we would get them done, and we did! They are all delivered. Yipee!
And I'm all done with my Christmas shopping too. Although I still need something for my 12th wedding anniversary this month.
So now that those things are done what next? Hmmm. I haven't wrapped any presents. I have all the manuals to fill for 2009 primary. (Do people really still use the manuals or do they just print the lessons of the internet--could I just give binders with pictures, class lists, presidency info? Just taking a poll for 2010.) Sharing time for 2 more weeks. And then the Christmas projects I have every intention of doing with my kids during break. I bought holiday shrinky-dinks; Do you remember those?
Last Monday I called a friend to see if she wanted to go walking that night. I think she could tell I wanted to vent and while we walked she listened. But it was interesting because after several minutes I suddenly realized how silly I must have sounded. Sure I feel burdened by the self-induced stresses that come from the holidays but really I am so very blessed. My husband is staying busy at his job. My family is in good health. I am surrounded by wonderful friends and family. We have food on our table and presents ready to be wrapped. I am firm in my faith. My complaints are trivial compared to others less fortunate than me. I plan on enjoying the rest of the month with my family making shrinky-dinks, baking sugar cookies, reading Christmas stories, sipping hot chocolate, and realizing that one day I'll look back and wish for this time again. Merry Christmas and God bless us, everyone!
2 comments:
I just love it when everything is done and you can sit back and ENJOY the season! I'm glad your talk went well! You are so lucky to live down the street from your sister -- mine doesn't even live in the same country!
I like that you specified that your stress was self induced. A few days ago I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and was having a bad attitude, when I mentally deduced my problems down to ME having chosen them. It didn't change anything really, but my attitude.
I'm excited to get my Christmas card! We are heading your way tomorrow evening, so if you find something on your doorstep, it's probably from us.
Post a Comment