Monday, January 4, 2010

A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN

Shortly after my bootcamp was over, my cute little sister came to visit for the holidays. When I picked her and her husband up from the airport, she surprised me by presenting me with 2 big boxes of Banbury Cross Donuts!! I had only heard about how magnificent these donuts were. I ate one on the spot and it was heaven!

I later learned that their flight had left early in the morning and so in order to get to Banbury Cross in time they woke up at 3:30 and arrived at the donut shop around 5:00. Then at the airport they were accosted by several different sets security guards who claimed that she was only allowed to take one box of donuts onto the plane and she would need to leave the other box with them. Fortunately for me, she saw through their scheme. And so she hand carried these boxes all over 2 different airports to finally deliver them to me just 4 hours after being picked up at the store.

I'm not going to lie to you, I ate one entire box by myself and it was worth every single morning from the past 6 weeks of getting up to work-out!

3 comments:

Lisa W said...

Now that is true sisterly LOVE!!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

My mouth is watering just thinking about them:-)

Cheryl said...

Never heard of them, but I am intrigued. I can certainly pound pack a box of Krispy Kreme's on my own. I would love the chance to try those! Where are they?