The morning ritual of combing out the snarls from jam, candy, dinner, etc has become commonplace but this knot was especially bad. Since I knew she hadn't had any gum Monday morning, I can only assume that she slept with it in her hair all night.
After trying home remedies with little improvement and lots of tearful screaming, I took out the best home remedy of all and cut off the whole mess.
I remember being in kindergarten when I got my haircut "like a boy." I hated it! But now after 25+ years, I can only imagine how much easier it must have made my mom's life.

I'm the one in the back row wearing the hot little red number. No, not the cute one with the darling curls (I was so jealous of those), but the one wearing the tuxedo red dress that no doubt was on the cutting edge of fashion. In fact I loved that dress so much I had one of the exact same style but in navy with white dots which I wore for the following year's picture!
6 comments:
Calvin decided to help me out and give Dana a haircut when she was just over 1 1/2 years old. After Natalie fixed it, she ended up with a pixie cut. It was super cute, not my first choice of haircut for my little girl, but super cute.
What are you talking about...You are adorable! :-)
I had several dresses just like yours, those things are CUTE!!! ;p And the boy haircut as well, also in kindergarten! Too funny! :)
I had my kindergarten pictures taken in that exact dress! We must compare sometime.
Ohhhhh gum in the hair. Mine was a big purple wad of Hubba Bubba. We used peanut butter. Good times.
Stunning, Woman. Simply stunning.
Post a Comment