Sunday, December 6, 2009

WHERE DID THIS KID COME FROM?


Last week I was trying to get #4 ready for bed. He of course wanted nothing to do with it so he ran around dodging my attempts to get pajamas on him.

Finally I sat down on the floor and said, "I'm going to count to 3 and if you're not over here by then, then I won't read you a book before bedtime." (I know, picture perfect parenting!)

So I began counting, "Onnnnnnnnne, Twoooooooooooo, Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

At the very last moment when the inflection in my voice went up to cut off the word, he ran over to me. He put his hand on my shoulder and bent down to look me in the eyes. Then very seriously he said,

"Mom, that was close!"

1 comment:

JLJ said...

So are you saying there is something wrong with using before-bed-book-reading to get desired behavior? Don't take that away from me - when nothing else works I always resort to the no book before bedtime threat.