Sunday, January 25, 2009

TOP 5 TAG

I'm "it."

Top 5 Desserts: (In no particular order since they change daily)
1. Homemade cookies. My husband's Chocolate-Chip Cookies are the very best, but I love most all kinds--peanut butter, sugar with frosting, snickerdoodles, oatmeal, etc.
2. Carmel Apples. The more toppings, the better. Carmel, milk, dark, and white chocolate, pecans, walnuts, peanuts. The "apple pie"carmel apple from Rocky Mountain Co is pretty amazing!
3. Cheesecake. Ohhhhh. I wish it weren't Sunday otherwise I might just drive to The Cheesecake Factory right now and buy a slice of the "Dulce De Leche" or maybe the "Chocolate Coconut Cream" or the "Pecan Turtle." If its too hard to decide then I'd buy 2 of them. One for me and one for my husband. Except he doesn't really love it so I guess I'd have to finish his.
4. Cinnamon Rolls. Homemade preferrably--by my sister. They MUST have frosting. Frosting makes everything better. For instance I don't really love cake, but if I can get a corner piece with lots of frosting then the cake isn't so bad. But I digress...cinnamon rolls. I love them dense and dry or fluffy and gooey. I'm not particular.
5. Doughnuts. Not just any doughnuts, GOOD doughnuts. Forget Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts. They taste processed and sometimes you can even taste the lingering scent of smoke on them. If you live in the valley try LaMar's on Bell just east of the I-17. I've had better but not here. The raised maple is divine and suprisingly the blueberry cake (without frosting) is excellent. I'd love any recommendations for other doughnut joints you deem worthy.

Top 5 Pet Peeves:
1. Clipping or chewing fingernails in public. What is it about church that people think "this is the perfect time to clip my nails?" And why would anyone have nail clippers with them? I'm sitting there listening to the service and then this clip, clip, clip, clip. Aghhhh. It's considered grooming--keep it in the bathroom people!
2. Soggy food in the sink like bread or cheerios. It is so gross when I have to touch it to get it down the drain!
3. Doing laundry that I know was CLEAN and put away until for some unexplained reason it ended up wrinkled and smelly in the hamper without ever having been worn by the child!

Top 5 trivial things I like to do: (These are just random fun things. Nothing serious and usually not planned)
1. Eating lunch by myself at "Wildflower Bread Company" while losing myself in a book. The potato cream cheese soup is wonderful.
2. Sleeping in! And not the kind of sleeping in where my child comes in at 7:00 asking to watch TV and even though I'm awake I stay in bed for a little while longer. I mean the kind of sleeping in where you wake up on your own accord and think "that felt so good!"
3. Staying up late! (This might correlate with #2) I love the quiet time to myself. It doesn't matter much what I do: catch up on bills, read, watch my shows that I dvr-d (is that word? I think most people say Tivo but we have a dvr), read blogs, shop online, etc. I just enjoy the calm down quiet time.
4. Look through the ads in the Sunday paper or the grocery ads. Weird huh? I like to bargain shop. Like last month when Bashas had a month long special where if you bought 10 2-liter bottles of Coke products you got a free movie ticket plus a Harkins movie cup. I knew the special ran through 12-31-08 even though they'd taken down all the signs advertising it. So the day after Christmas all their soda was 77 cents. I bought 10 2-liters and got my coupon for my movie and cup. I spent $7.86! Then I went and bought 10 more. Then later in the day I went and bought more. We are now the proud owners of 60 bottles of Sprite, Minute Maid, Barqs, Coke Zero, etc. And our family went and saw Inkheart for free! Soda and all! I'm such a nerd!
5. Sell things on ebay. It can be overwhelming if I try to sell too much at once, but its so fun to watch the price going up and up. I don't know who on ebay is so crazy as to buy things like a used outfit for $50 but I love them!

Top 5 Quirks:
1. I like patterns. The eggs in my carton need to be in a pattern. I don't like it when they just get randomly taken out. Like if there is 6 left, it could look like this . ' . ' . '
2. When I find a shirt I like (since I hate shopping for clothes for myself), I buy several. I have at least 6 pairs of shirts that are exactly the same except for different colors or patterns. Sometimes I've wondered why my friends don't say, "didn't you wear a shirt like that yesterday except it was pink instead of green?"
3. I am OCD about certain areas of my house but not others. The countertop by my stove must be cleared off, but the counterop by the refrigerator is fine to pile things on. The chairs around the table must be perfectly spaced and pushed in. I will walk across the room to fix it if one is out of place. But my office is a disaster!
4. I remember words to songs and strange number sequences--like my old boyfriends license plate (that was 14 years ago!).
5. I don't have a pacing mechanism when it comes to movies or books. I hate to leave it unfinished. I'll stay up all night to finish a book because I can't hardly stand to leave it without knowing what happened. I also don't fall asleep watching a movie. I don't get it when people do.

Top 5 places I'd like to visit: (With the current state of the world it makes me nervous to travel abroad--of course I'd love to see the Great Wall in China or the Taj Mahal. But keeping it real...)
1. England. London would be cool but I'm more interested in the northern areas like scenes from "Pride and Prejudice."
2. Hawaii
3. Washington State
4. San Francisco
5. Ireland

So now I tag anyone who hasn't done this one yet.

I'm still working on the pet peeves...I'll get back to that one.

2 comments:

Joy said...

i also love the cheesecake factory coconut cheesecake-perfection. and i love that about the eggs in the egg carton, nice to know everyone has little things that are so important to them. i am so embarressed when john finds out about any of mine....

Lia said...

I make patterns with the remaining eggs in the egg carton too! It makes me feel like there is order to the universe.