Tuesday, September 20, 2011

GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN

On the Labor Day Holiday this year we went ice-blocking--something that my husband and I haven't done since high school.

For people who don't live in the Valley of the Sun, ice-blocking is our version of sledding--in the summer.  You buy blocks of ice at a grocery store.  Fold a towel and put it on top of the block.  Then find a steep grassy hill.  I think the pictures tell the rest of the story.
Next time we're going to bring a wagon because in the heat of the summer it's a bit of work carrying the ice back up to the top of the hill after each run.

 



We combined all 4 blocks of ice together for this giant sled! Surprisingly it worked really well!

I was expecting a face plant of huge proportions on this ride but Superman made it all the way to the bottom of the hill safely!

Although you may not expect it, you can actually get going pretty fast!
Fun times!  Great memories!

2 comments:

K8yerM8 said...

I love it! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Em said...

We took our kids right before we moved. It was harder than I remembered, but soo fun!