Earlier this month I was able to take a quick trip up to Utah with my mom to visit my little sister and her husband and to see the Carl Bloch exhibit. We had a wonderful time!
It is always a little disappointing to return home and realize that you didn't take near enough pictures but here are some of the ones I did remember to take.
My sister has a darling cat named Webster. Several times we would just sit in a room and talk while watching Webster pounce around the room like a jungle cat. It reminded me when my children were very young and I was content to just sit there and watch them explore the world.
One night I heard Webster padding up the stairs so I hid and pounced on him as soon as he got to the top. He turned tail and jumped/fell down the stairs in practically one leap. Both my sister and mom came out to see if I had fallen. I felt pretty bad for giving Webster a taste of his own medicine.
One night when we were trying to decide where to go for dinner, Lia mentioned that there was a place called "The Red Iguana" that had been on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" That decided it for me and it was wonderful! The horchata was some of the best I've had!
This exhibit was around the corner from the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art. It was thousands of books stacked into a huge square. Pretty amazing!
The Carl Bloch exhibit was spectacular!
From the first time I heard about it I wanted to go. When the opportunity came to go with my mom I was so excited! Even though I didn't get any pictures, I'll remember the exhibit and the feelings I had there for a very long time!
(And if I'd had a thousand dollars to spend at the museum store, I still could have bought more!)
This is one of those times that I was talking about with the cat. Peter was playing the piano and Lia just happened to have a red laser that we were using as a level to hang pictures. It entertained us and Webster for a good hour. I'm not sure how entertained Peter was by it all. Notice how I caught Webster in this picture mid-jump.
Is it just me or does it seem like food always tastes better when you're traveling?
We ate at several awesome places and I can honestly say that I still ate pretty healthy, well except for Banbury Cross Donuts and Daylight Donuts, and maybe Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates, and then I guess there was the bakery at Kneaders. But the frozen yogurt was at least better than ice cream right?
(nevermind the Reeses topping)
I loved getting to spend time with Lia and Peter. I wish they lived closer so that we could be with them more. I guess I'll just have to settle for seeing them 2-3 times per year.
(and dream about the doughnuts, pastries, and chocolate)
1 comment:
I've never seen Lia before, so it's fun to finally see a picture of this sister.
I went to the Carl Bloch exhibit last week too! We were dumb and didn't reserve tickets so we waited in the stand by line for more than an hour. But it was all worth it. The exhibit was wonderful. I actually thought about your mother while we were there, remembering that she used to do lectures on Christ in art history. I bet it was fun to be at the exhibit with her and get to glean from her expertise.
Post a Comment