Monday, May 30, 2011

APPLE PIE BETTER THAN THE 4th OF JULY

We have some wonderful friends who invited my family over for a night of swimming, dinner, and pie-making.  It was such a fun evening!  I have never even attempted to make a pie and I was completely surprised by how well they turned out.  They made it seem so easy.  I'll have to see what happens when I try it by myself.

We made 5 different pies and they even had mini-pans for my children to each make their own too.

My very favorite was the Dutch Apple Pie
Is there anything better for breakfast?
The second best was the regular apple.
 Next up:  Coconut Cream
 Banana Cream (we served it with whip cream)

 Lemon Meringue (my least favorite since I'm not much of a fan of lemon).

My kids loved it too as evidenced by #4 asking the very next day, "Mom, when are we going to go over to my 'new favorite people's' house again?"

There are very few things that I can think of that I would rather do than to spend time with friends, and I think that's worth the 8 pounds that I probably gained!

3 comments:

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Oh yum! I love pie! Those look really good. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Kathryn said...

Those look so good! I think I'm going to make some pies the next time I visit my mom. She's talented and I need to learn her skills!

Unknown said...

I prefer pie to most other deserts. I'm really surprised you've never made a pie before.

You requested a recipe...
3 cans chicken, drained
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 lg can mandarin orange, drained
2 stalks celery chopped fine
5-6 green onions chopped
Mayonnaise mixed with 1 tsp curry powder
Serve with slivered almonds or cashews, olives are nice with it too.