Friday, April 1, 2011

A PICTURE OF REPOSE

During spring break my husband, along with my brother and brother-in-law, took the kids camping and left me 100% home alone for a full 48 hours. I'm not sure that I can explain the zen-like calm I experienced. I stayed home most of the time and worked on random projects like cleaning out drawers, organizing closets, and doing whatever I wanted whenever I felt like it. I stayed up late and woke up even later. I ate breakfast at noon and had dessert for dinner. I listened to my own thoughts completely uninterrupted. As much fun as it is to get away on a mini-vacation, after this I'm not sure that it could ever compare with the blessedness of some R and R at home by myself. Thanks Babe!

4 comments:

Auburn said...

That sounds like HEAVEN!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Sounds like a picture perfect 48 hours:-) btw, we LOVE Mindy Glendhill. We pretty much listen to her every day and the kids love singing to her.

Lia said...

It sounds so nice. Don't get too rosy about it, though...staying at home by yourself really gets old after a few months. Especially without a car! Delightful at first, then a little boring, then terribly lonely.

K8yerM8 said...

All I can say is AHHHH. Gimmee some of that!