Thursday, April 14, 2011

NOT QUITE WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR

We went to the Easter Pageant this year with my husband's family. We got there early with our blankets and picnics and enjoyed visiting and playing games while the sun set. It's been many years since we last saw it. I really enjoyed it and liked all the changes they've made, although the 10 virgins still dance for too long in my opinion.

Here's what #4 thought of it. Imagine these comments spread out over the hour long performance.  (I am actually missing many of his thoughts since I couldn't remember them all).
  • Mom? Are those real people? Like real real people or just pretend people?
  • What's a play?
  • Where did that bird go? Why is it flying around?
  • Where did they get that glowing dress?
  • How are they talking?
  • Are those real angels? How did they get up there? Are those real trumpets?
  • Is it over yet?
  • Is that the real Jesus?  How do you know?
  • How did they get those sheep? Where did the sheep go?
  • I just saw a shooting star!
  • How did they get the light red?
  • Is it over yet?
  • Who ate the jelly beans all gone?
  • Why are they dancing?
  • That's a big horse up there! Where did it come from?
  • Is it over yet?
  • Hey! That thunder sounds like the thunder on Tower of Terror!
  • Did they nail that person to the cross too?  Why not?
  • Do the soldiers have real swords? Where did they get them?
  • Is it over yet?
  • How did the angels get up there again?
  • Why is it so loud?
  • How long does this go?
  • Mom? Is it over yet?

7 comments:

Lia said...

I LOVE your blog background music!

K8yerM8 said...

This makes me chuckle! Especially the comment about the thunder at Tower of Terror. :)

JLJ said...

Great questions. I still want to know who ate the jelly beans all gone!

Kathryn said...

This cracked me up!!! I went to the Easter Pageant last year for the first time and I think I asked myself "Is it over yet" a few times as well. Seeing it once/decade is good for me!

Jessica said...

Too funny -- been there done that!

Unknown said...

That is funny - your youngest sounds like my youngest. I wish I had a recorder going for him 24/7 because he says the funniest things and then I forget to write them down.

Courtney said...

I love the randomness of the questions and how their little minds work.