Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'M LOSING MY MARBLES

....or at least my Legos.

Several months ago I bought 2 boxes of Legos for each of my boys. Apparently I hid them so well that now even I can't find them!

I've spent the last hour looking and my house isn't that big. They're big boxes too. 4 big boxes missing somewhere in a house where every extra storage space is already being well used.

Did I ask any of you to stash them for me and have since forgotten?

I must be getting old. {Sigh.}

7 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

hehehe:-) I did this with some Halloween stuff this year. I knew I had it, I just couldn't find it. I looked "everywhere", but still no luck. Then when Thanksgiving came around, I was in Addison's closet and looked up and there it was. Now I knew I had looked there, but apparently I had been looking SO hard, that I didn't see there before. Maybe I'm losing my marbles too:-)

Auburn said...

We give our kids their Christmas pajamas on Thanksgiving weekend when we decorate the tree. I drug Dave and the kids all over the mall trying to find cute jammies, bought some, and then pulled out the Christmas stuff, only to see that I bought Christmas pajamas on sale for my kids last year. Awesome.

Tilleea said...

I did the same thing with stuff for my kids' easter baskets. I found them months later, thought I would keep them for "next year", then forgot about them the next year. sad when your brain leaves and you realize it!

Courtney said...

My mom did this with something EVERY year growing up (not on purpose)...a few weeks after Christmas someone would get a random present that she found and an apology from her. Too funny.

K8yerM8 said...

Classic! I love it! I think there are several of us having the same problem! Good Luck!

The Silly Nilly Family said...

A couple years ago I found a present that was meant for my nephews several years earlier. Yes "years"! They are really too old for it now but it's been fun for us playing with it now. I hope you find your Lego's!!

melissa said...

My problem is that I keep going shopping and forget what I've already gotten. I always put it in the same spot, but when I go put it away I find that I have bought double gifts! Tonight I'm heading to Target to take back two items that I already have. So dumb.