Sunday, November 1, 2009

26.2 x 2 = A PATTERN









About a month ago my husband completed the St. George marathon; his second marathon this year with his first being the Salt Lake City marathon.

The first one was a guy thing that began with his group at work. I don't know how it all happened except that one day out of the blue my husband came home from work and told me he was going to start training for the half marathon in Salt Lake City in 3 months. After about a week of running, the half marathon turned in a full marathon.

The group of guys all traveled up together and ran their marathon. He finished with a good time and I thought that he would cross it off his list of things to do in his lifetime and that would be the end of it.

But within a few weeks of coming home he started talking about doing another one and training to get a better time. I was surprised.

So all through the long hot summer he worked to get faster.

And last month at the St. George marathon he shaved almost a minute per mile off his time. I thought that was excellent! I'm amazed at his drive and ability to train like that.

Well already he is looking forward to the next one. He's thinking the Utah Valley marathon down Provo Canyon.

I'm worried since after the first marathon he started encouraging me to train for one too. With me being smug, I told him that I had already finished 4 marathons and their names were #1, #2, #3, and #4. I told him that after he had ran 4 marathons then I would begin training.

At the time, I had no idea he intended to make a hobby of running marathons!

2 comments:

JLJ said...

Great pictures! How can you NOT want to run a marathon when you see those?

Robynne said...

Wow! He's becoming a running machine! Pretty cool... :)