Friday, October 30, 2009

FEELING BLIND

A little over a week ago my computer crashed. During the day it had been acting sluggish so I tried to restart it. After that, it wouldn't boot up.

I called my brother, who is a computer whiz, to please come and help me. He came over that night and diagnosed the problem but because of work and the fact that he has a very busy family of his own, he had to fix it in intervals.

So finally yesterday he got my computer back up and running. There are still a few things like my speakers that need some attention. Luckily he was able to save the hard drive but basically had to start from scratch with everything else. I lost a lot of programs that I had downloaded and all of my favorites bookmarks.

I'd like to say that I used the week without a computer enjoying the freedom that comes from not being plugged in and doing things like finishing up undone projects, cleaning the house, organzing my office, spending time outside. But I didn't. In fact several times I came and sat down in front of the black computer screen out of habit.

Now that it's back and running, I feel like I have so much stuff to catch up on that I'd rather turn it off and pretend like it's still broken.

But like Robert Frost said, "the best way out is always through," and so here I go...

1 comment:

JLJ said...

Yay! You're back online! I'm sure blog posting will be at the bottom of your priority list, after getting your files, programs etc organized... but I'll be looking forward to you updates and pictures!