
My parents have a time-share in Sedona. When I was younger, we would spend the week between Christmas and New Year's there. I have wonderful memories of playing games, watching movies, and spending time with my family. This year my parents scheduled their week for fall break and invited my family to spend several days up there. Here are some of the highlights from our trip.

One hike we went on was called Boynton Canyon Trail. It was beautiful to see all the different rock formations. We went about 3 miles roundtrip. The trail was actually longer but #4 was ready to be done.


This is at the top of Oak Creek Canyon. The view is amazing.
It was also freezing cold too! There are several Indian women here who sell all kinds of jewelry and pottery. I let each of the girls choose a necklace. They were more excited about that than the spectacular views.

We did another hike on a trail called Wesk Fork Trail. It was my favorite! The canyon is gorgeous and the trail crosses over a stream several times. The trees had just begun changing colors.

At the exact moment I was taking this picture, #3 was behind me and slipped on the rocks and fell into the water all the way up to her chest. It was so sad! She was dripping wet and freezing cold. I was shivering without having fallen into the river. We had to walk over a mile back to our car. By the time we got back her little legs were chaffed from the wet jeans. I felt so bad for her!
Right at the beginning of West Fork Trail are some ruins of an old lodge. We spent an hour exploring through the buildings.
On the way home from Sedona we stopped at Montezuma's Well and Montezuma's Castle. Both Indian sites were so interesting. If any of you are ever heading up north towards Flagstaff, I would definitely consider stopping. If you could only pick one, I would choose Montezuma's Well for sure.
As much as my kids love going to CA for Disneyland and the beach, this year both #1 & #2 said that this was just as much fun as California. I agree. Plus it cost so much less! We packed up most of our food like cereal, sandwiches, and frozen lasagna. In the evenings we watched old musicals and played games. It was such a different kind of vacation compared to running around Disneyland trying to get onto every single ride. I'm hoping that we will be able to visit there again soon!
1 comment:
Such fun memories! Those are my favorite kinds of vacations!
Post a Comment