Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Well. Its time to come to terms with this.

I guess it started in September when my husband and I visited La Montage Resort for his company "retreat." And then there was Halloween followed by Thanksgiving festivities.

Several Christmas parties after that and one big New Years gala.

My mom's birthday in January and then my birthweek celebration in February.

It culminated yesterday when my sweet mother delivered my very favorite LaMar's Donuts and my cute pregnant sister visited with 4 cream puffs tonight.

6 months gone and 15 pounds gained.

I have successfully gone 6 months without using credit cards. I suspect there may be a correlation that looks something like this:

decreased spending = increased girth
I'm not going to lie to you; when I shop I get a workout. There is a definite increase in my heart rate. I walk for miles with weights. Occasionally there are sprints. There is no time for breaks. It is serious stuff.
I need to find a replacement that does not involve food. Please help.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!! Maybe I should shop more - I'd lose more weight. :) Although I've never lost weight while shopping before. You'll have to show me how it's done. :)

Lia said...

Yesterday I was foiled in a shopping venture -- I went to return something to Bed Bath & Beyond but didn't have the receipt I needed -- and I immediately went to Burger King and ate a hamburger. At 4 in the afternoon. I think you've got something with this equation of yours.

JLJ said...

I finally made it to LaMars a few weeks ago. I was so excited - skipped breakfast and everything. I got there and they were closed with a sign that said "so sorry. We're sold out" Aaaagh! This was at noon on a Saturday. What a let down!

I'm dealing with my own weight gain issues. I managed to get through Christmas without putting on any weight but the last month with all of our visitors has been deadly to my physique.