For the past week I've felt like I was on the verge of getting sick--stuffy nose, sneezing, and a sore throat. The same thing happened last year but it never developed into an all out cold. My husband just laughs and says that I'm not getting sick but that I have allergies.
I am an Arizona native and except for the 7 years we were away for school I've lived in the valley of the sun. I have NEVER had allergies.
Why would they just suddenly develop now? I know that it can happen but I guess I'm just too proud to admit it. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much to say I have allergies, but I'd much rather say I have a cold.
Maybe its because with a cold I can sit on the couch eating carmels and do nothing else. With allergies you still do all the work and when someone asks, "Are you feeling okay?" You say, "Oh yes, I'm fine. I just have allergies." and then you get back to mopping the floor while simultaneously doing laundry.
4 comments:
Have you been doing Spring cleaning? I often find that the few days after I organize the basement, I have allergy symptoms. It could be that you are allergic to dust and stir it up around the time the weather gets nice, and then things get back to normal.
Ain't it the truth! My grandma told my sister after she had a baby, "Stay down as long as you can because the minute you stand up, the stand you in the corner and stick a broom in your hand!"
I bet it is a cold! I had the same symptoms and thought maybe it was allergies, but it lasted about 2 1/2 weeks and then tapered off. I had a lot of coughing too, which in turn might have given me a hernia:-) Anyway, I hope it will go away soon!
Take a benedryl - if it's allergies, you'll feel better. If not, it will at least help you sleep. :) Seriously - there's no shame in having allergies. And if you feel like crap, sit on the couch guilt free.
Post a Comment