This week I took my 5 year old girl in for her well child visit and subsequent kindergarten immunizations. After Dr. J had finished everything he asked her, "Now do you have any questions for me?"
"Yes. I want to know what color are my lungs?"
I think Dr. J was somewhat surprised and repeated the question back to her just to make sure he understood her correctly. She nodded and he answered. I just sat there smiling and wondering where on earth questions like that come from.
The next day my 8 year old girl was sitting in the kitchen working on homework when she looked up and asked me, "Does God know what we're going to do before we ever do it?"
Me: "Yes, he does know that."
#2: "But then how can we choose for ourself if he already knows what we're going to choose?"
I tried to explain it to her. I just wonder how an 8 year-old can already be thinking about agency and pre-destination. For such a little person she definitely has some HUGE thoughts.
1 comment:
Seriously deep thoughts. Did you find her a good Hugh B Nibley book to read for spring break?
Post a Comment