Thursday, October 23, 2008

DIS-UH-NEE-LAND!

All in all we spent 3 full days at the Magic Kindgdom plus one special night called "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Event." I was hoping that this trip could be a little more relaxing than past visits, but at the end of it all I still felt like we had rushed around the park trying to get in as many rides as possible.

We completely avoided Fantasy Land until the last night when I took #3 around the corner from Matterhorn. She gasped when she saw the Alice in Wonderland ride and the teacups. "Please can we go on that Momma?" I felt guilty realizing that we had dragged her on all the "big" rides like Tower of Terror and Space Mountain because we wanted to go on them not necessarily because she was enjoying them. On the 3rd time around for Tower of Terror she shook her finger at me and said, "This is the last time I"m going to do this!" She and I spend the rest of the evening enjoying Fantasy Land and watching the fireworks.

I think next year we'll split up to divide and conquer. As much as I enjoy the rides it was way more fun to watch #3's eyes light up when we flew through the air on Peter Pan.


The trick-or-treat party at CA Adventure was not at all what had been expected. It required a separate ticket and I had heard that because the tickets were limited there was no more than a 5 minute wait for each ride. It was a mob scene!!! Yes we did come home with 15 pounds of candy (that is NOT an exaggeration) , but it was more crowded than I have ever seen it on a normal day. And with the party only lasting 4 hours, after spending 45 minutes in the Toy Story line I was worried it would be a total bust.

The kids didn't seem to mind the crowds or the lines. They enjoyed being there in their costumes and looking at everybody else's costumes. I think if I hadn't been expecting short lines I probably would have enjoyed the experience more too. #1 looked like an authentic Indiana Jones. #2 & #3 were happy to be princesses, and #1 stole the show in his rooster get-up.


4 comments:

KJ said...

I'm so excited to see that you are blogging! Now I won't have to ask mutual friends about news from your family. I can secretly stalk you whenever I want.

Jessica said...

That looks like an awesome trip!! We have only been once, but are hoping to go back someday. I am amazed at the rides the little ones went on.

I didn't realize until seeing pictures here that both of your beautiful girls (are you not using names?) have glasses.

Some Kind of Crazy said...

So I don't know proper blog etiquette. Do I answer your question here, email you, or make a new post altogether? I have privacy concerns and have decided it best to not use names as much as possible. We'll see how it goes. Both my girls got glasses about 6 months ago. #2 is pretty farsided-- +5 in both eyes. #3 has a lazy eye and is using the glasses (and patch) to strengthen the weak eye.

To KJ the stalker--you're the reason I don't use names! (:

Jessica said...

Yeah, I usually answer the question on the comments, or sometimes email the person.

I started using initials for my kids, but then after a year I gave up and used the names so I wouldn't have to edit my future blog book. Also, SO MANY people commented and slipped a name in, or blogged about doing stuff with us and used names. I figured a dedicated stalker could figure out their names even if I only used initials.