Saturday, March 30, 2013

A MISSION CALL

I synched my phone tonight and have all kinds of photos/news to add.  One of these months I'll add updated photos of the kids.

I'll begin first my parent's mission call which came almost exactly 7 weeks after they submitted their papers.

Here is the exact wording from their letter (It was interesting---there were 2 separate letters: one for my mom and one for my dad.)

"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the Copenhagen Denmark mission.  Your primary assignment is to labor in the Stake Young Single Adult Program.  It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 23 months."

They will be reporting to the Provo MTC in July.

It's hard to explain in words what an awesome feeling it was to be there and hear them read those words.  I especially hope it is something that my children will remember.

2 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

How exciting for your parents and all of you!

JLJ said...

Denmark! Single Adult Stake? That is an interesting assignment, but one where they must be needed and probably especially qualified for. You must be proud and excited and maybe a little sad too since I know you'll miss them. Congratulations to your family!