Halloween seemed to creep up on me this year. We had a family trip planned to St. Geroge for fall break (I will post about that next) and all my thoughts and energy were turned toward that first. We came home on the 20th and that's when I finally put up the decorations.
The 2 youngest chose clothes from the dress-up bin and LK thought up her own creation that we feverishly finished sewing/gluing the night before Halloween.
I had told my oldest that now he was a big-bad-junior-higher he was too old to trick-or-treat but after learning that all his other friends were going, I aquiesced and let him go along "ONE LAST TIME." I missed getting a picture of him in his army garb.
One curious thing I've noticed in this neighborhood is the amount of ADULTS who come with their own bag for candy. They all have foreign accents but are different nationalities from each other. Perhaps they don't quite understand that its just for kids? Or they do but figure since people don't refuse then they can take advantage of the free candy? I'm not sure. One adult woman who came around by herself couldn't even get the vernacular quite right and said to me in her accent,
"trick-or-treating. trick-or-treating." Weird.
Any one else have adults come around expecting candy?
Any one else have adults come around expecting candy?
No comments:
Post a Comment