Thursday, July 5, 2012

NEGLECTED DRAWERS

My children have some drawers (both underwear and of the wooden variety) that I've neglected--apparently for several years.  Today, after being completely frustrated by the amount of mismatched socks in the laundry, I decided to empty out all of the children's underwear and sock drawers.

After lining up all the white socks from smallest to biggest and finding all the matching pairs, we still had about 20 orphans left.  What happens?!  Where do they go?!  There were also several that couldn't have possibly fit even my youngest.  One had the little writing on the bottom:  gymboree 12-24 months.  Wow!  Of course it didn't have a match!

Moving on to the underwear/panties I was shocked to see the mound that my youngest daughter had emptied out of her drawer.  I asked her to make a pile of the ones that she liked and the ones she didn't.  I literally counted 28 pairs in the pile she didnt' like and she still has at least 2 weeks worth of ones she that does like!!!  How does that happen?!  I think in her case a lot of the pairs from her older sister have just been passed down but still!!

Oh how I hate the laundry--especially the white load!!

1 comment:

Lia said...

I had the SAME problem with orphan socks a few weeks ago! Where on earth do the other ones go? I'm afraid to throw them away, because I know as soon as I do, the matching ones will show up.

My in-laws have a saying: "The one-legged sock snatcher has been at it again."