Thursday, December 29, 2011

A FAMILY BIRTHDAY

My husband and I celebrated our 15th anniversay this week!  Since he didn't work on Monday we went on a wonderful day long date to celebrate the event.

On the actual anniversay we took the kids to the place where it all began--the Mesa Temple.

We told them it was our Family Birthday!

We walked around looking at all the Christmas lights and saw the beautiful nativities inside.  We told them some of the memories we had of our wedding day.  It was fun to remember.

At one point LK, who was holding my hand, looked up at me and said, "Mom I feel the spirit here."

Afterward we went to a nice restaraunt for dessert.  After the fancy desserts arrived, my 12 year-old said, "I thought we were going to go somewhere good, like Dairy Queen for blizzards."

Oh well.  The desserts aren't what is important.  What I hope they remember most is being in the place where our family began and wanting to come back one day when they begin their own family.

1 comment:

K8yerM8 said...

I love it! 15 years is quite the accomplishment! Happy Anniversary! :)