Wednesday, February 8, 2012

OLD BUT GOOD NEWS! LK TURNS 11

My oldest daughter turned 11 several months ago.  I know it's old news but I still wanted to post about it.

LK is a true sweetheart!  She is kind and even when her obstinate/sassy side shows itself (which I'm pretty sure she gets from me) she is quick to apologize.

She loves all things creative!  She has several different bins in her room with sewing things, crafts, scrapbook supplies, etc.

She doesn't like cake and requested a French Silk pie instead.


My dear friend helped me to sew a scripture bag for her to use on Sundays.  If I can brag for just a second, I thought it turned out darling!  My friend is now helping me to make one for Miss A who will be turning 8 soon!

For her birthday she also received a whole bunch of patterend duct tape along with a book with instructions on how to make several different things like wallets, frames, etc.

Imagine my surprise when she pulled her scriptures out of her darling bag to show me how she had redecorated the covers!


Yikers!  What can you do?  I told her great job!
Note to self:  when she gets new scriptures for her 12th birthday, I might want to mention that she should consider leaving the "genuine leather" plain.

4 comments:

JLJ said...

That is too funny about her scriptures! Nothing brings the spirit to a meeting like zebra and hot pink covered scriptures. I'm imagining how funny it would be to see our gospel doctrine teacher pulling out a similar set on Sunday. Happy b-day LK!

Marianne said...

That is a fabulous story!! I love it!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

I think she has a great sense of style! She might be onto something, becasue if she is out in public and has her scriptures in tow, people might look at it and wonder what kind of cool book it that:-) I vote that she puts "The Book of Mormon", in hot pink, Or put it on the hot pink in the zebra print;-) Happy belated birthday LK!!!

K8yerM8 said...

I think that scripture bag turned out way cute! I was thinking how I might want to make me one that was black and white!
When do you get to make one for you? :)