Thursday, October 20, 2011

WHOLESOME RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES

We stayed home for fall break this year but managed to do a few fun things thanks to Groupon.

We visited the "Superstition Mountains Museum" in AJ and then stopped by Prospector's Park on the way home for a picnic lunch. The kids didn't really like the museum part but loved the stagecoach, jail, saloon, and merry-go-round at the playground. (I have absolutely no idea what the Elvis chapel had to do with anything there).


 


Later in the week we went to Vertuccios Farm and had a blast!

I thought we'd spend a couple hours there but it turned into almost 6! The corn maze was fun and challenging enough for the kids. They also had several pedal carts, bouncy horses, a playground with a honest-to-goodness see-saw, animals, and an "air pillow." The Air Pillow was suprisingly fun and the favorite of everyone's!








3 comments:

melissa said...

I've driven by there a hundred times and never new how much it could be--I'm hoping to get there soon!!

K8yerM8 said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Ya gotta do those kind of things when they are younger. It seems to just get harder to do fun things as a family the older the kids get.

Staci said...

So fun! We'll have to check them both out :)