Saturday, August 13, 2011

$20 GRAB BAG

As I was taking my parents to the airport yesterday, I mentioned that Michael's was having a huge clearance sale on kid's crafts.  My Mom gave me $20.00 and asked if I would mind picking out stuff for her "Grandma bag."

I stopped on the way home and had a grand time scouring the rows and bins for great deals.  I'm so excited for her to see what I was able to buy with one twenty dollar bill!  Most of the things, including the little wooden car kits, were $0.30.  Thirty Cents!!  (Cub Scouts anyone?)

Now--because I'm a tad complusive when it comes to some things--I'm on my way to a couple different Micheal's to see what kinds of clearance things they have there.  Oh the joy of bargain shopping! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

P.S.  Today I went to a Michaels and gathered up lots of things that I knew were on sale even though they weren't marked as a sale.  But when I got to the register everything rang up for full price!  What the what?  That made no sense to me.  "I've been to 4 other Michaels and I know it's supposed to be 29 cents." 

The people in line behind me probably felt like they were at Wal-mart waiting for one of those women from a reality couponing show who price-match every last thing.  I hate it when I turn out to be one of those people holding up the line.  Sadly, I ended up only buying a few things from my basket and left the rest for the poor register girl to put away. 

Sorry poor register girl.  Really, I'm not usually like that!

2 comments:

JLJ said...

Ok, you could totally host your own "bargain shopping" blog. But then maybe you wouldn't want to do that to give away all the great deals before you get to them. Just make it private, and only invite me. So basically, I need you to be my personal bargain shopping companion/trainer.

melissa said...

You should hire out as a personal shopper. Not only do you find the bargains, you can always talk the sales people into things!