Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THE VIEW FROM MY HAMMOCK

We were able to go camping with my husband's family this month.  It was a lot of fun!

I really enjoy most everything about camping except for the sleeping part--which is to say that I'm not sure if I actually ever sleep while I'm camping.

For Mother's Day a few years ago my kids gave me a hammock.  One of my favorite things to do while camping is to lay in it and just relax.  Here is the view I had:


We went on a small hike up to some falls.  #2 seems to have developed an attitude in every single picture that says, "I'm too cool to smile."


I had a little competition when it came to hanging out in my hammock!

I LOVE this picture!

 There was a small creek where #4 "accidently falled" in about 10 times.

We had some good times around the campfire, great food, and overall a fun time. 

Hopefully by next year family will have forgotten the not-so-great times like throwing up in the tent and all over the van on the way home, all the dirt, the disgusting bathrooms with the black widows, and the pain of putting everything away when you get home with it's lingering smell of smoke!

Right Tilleea?  Same time next year--different place!

4 comments:

Tilleea said...

hahaha, it better be like childbirth and you forget about the pain, otherwise I will never go camping again! :)

Lisa W said...

Good times! I love the view from your hammock. I think a hammock with that view and maybe a cool breeze and a book sounds pretty perfect!

JLJ said...

There is almost nothing worse than vomit in your tent and sleeping bag. But the view does look great!

Unknown said...

Where did you go camping? Weren't most of the forests in AZ closed due to fires this summer?