This morning I was in the kitchen with #4 after the other kids had left to school. Here is how the conversation went.
#4: Mom, Grandma sure brought us a lot of doughnuts!
Me: Yes she did.
#4: Mom, what does "Y" mean?
Me: White?
#4: No, "Y"
Me: Why?
#4: No, Mom. Listen. Grandma is the bestest Grandma in the whole "Y" world. (Pause) Now, what does "Y" mean?
Me: Oh! Wide! It means big.
#4: (A few minutes later) Mom, that banana is not wide. If it were bigger than you then it would be wide.
Yes, he actually used the word in a sentence to help me define it--as if he were in a spelling bee--a 4 year old! Sometimes I think he's 4 going on 40. He cracks me up!
Here are a couple other things he's said recently:
When I got him a new Star Wars backpack he caught his breath and said with wonder, "It's Dark Vador!"
A couple mornings ago he was singing (he is always singing little songs--sometimes I recognize them and sometime they're obviously made up). He sang, "I hope one day I will be ready to teach and screech and work like missionaries do." Then he stopped and looked at me and asked, "Why do missionaries screech?"
3 comments:
adorable. seriously, so adorable.
He cracks me up.
oh I love your little guy! Little children have such good insights to life! We can learn so much from them!
Post a Comment