Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WHAT THE HAIL?

WoW! We had quite the storm roll through last night! Neither my husband nor I ever remember having seen such big hail here in our hometown! We were just getting the kids down to bed when it hit. We all ran downstairs and stood at the front door watching it come down. Our street was flooded in a matter of minutes and I was so happy that we had just trimmed our tree and that both our cars were in the garage.

I heard this morning that every single car at a Ford dealership had extensive damage and at the dollar store they already had a donation box set-up to help repair the damage to St. Mary's food bank. Crazy stuff!


I loved the look on #4's face. I'm sure he's wondering, "Where the hail did this come from?"

(Sorry, I can't resist. It's like driving to UT and getting stuck in the dam traffic.)

5 comments:

Auburn said...

yeah - dave was up in scottsdale in the afternoon for a class, and he was parked outside and they got golfball sized hail. AWESOME. We now have dents all over our car . . . waiting on insurance to call me back ;o) Who would have thought in ARIZONA??

Courtney said...

I talked to my sis-in-law who lives in Scottsdale...apparently she saw a little boy get hit in the face (which made him bleed) and watched a windshield get shattered because of their golf ball size hail. YIKES!

K8yerM8 said...

Ya know, you need those kind of jokes. I think its been the only time I have ever heard Alan say those words. It has been a long time since I have seen a storm like that as well. Crazy! Love reading your blog. :)

Marianne said...

Your hilarious Erin!! I miss seeing you all the time!! I love your cute little family!

Lisa W said...

Funny you would mention the dam traffic. Everytime we would drive to Utah as kids and stop at the dam we always made it a point to use as many fake swear words as we could while using the dam bathrooms or getting a drink from the dam drinking fountain. Ooooo, we thought we were so bad!