Wednesday, August 11, 2010

AUGUST CELEBRATIONS

Just last week #2 was asking me why August didn't have any holidays in it like the other months.
*
Of course I corrected her!
*
August definitely has a wonderful holiday in it even if not everyone celebrates it with me.
*
And so I would like to wish all of you
"HAPPY BACK-TO-SCHOOL DAY!"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the summer break sleeping in, staying up late, getting projects done, going on outings, swimming, having kids home all day and basically not having a schedule.

But I also really do love this red letter day!

6 comments:

Lisa W said...

Amen to that! How fun that you got to take a picture of all of your school kiddos together. My olders started leaving this morning at 6:10, while the youngers were still asleep. Not sure yet how morning prayers are going to happen with everyone leaving in shifts. There may be a lot of praying around here! Hope you're having a great red letter day!

Auburn said...

someday i'll have kids in school . . . right??

Sweating in the endless heat said...

I can not believe how big they are! Happy back to school day to you too:-)

Cheryl said...

I hear you, sista! I went out to breakfast that morning. Like you, I do like the break, but more than anything, I just love getting my routine back and have my house stay cleaner, and most of all, the lack of fighting!

Kathryn said...

Your kids are so cute! I very much enjoy working in YW's with you :) We will sit by you every Sunday if it means I get a special colored picture! Ha ha

Unknown said...

Yeah, I didn't get a back to school day this year. There was an official first day of school, but the kids never left the house. I am really enjoying the online school that we're doing though. I think it would've been much easier if we hadn't moved during the first week of school.