Finally!
Today our house down the street sold (closed).
Even though we moved out several months ago, the sale process has been slow.
I don't even look at it any more when I drive by every day.
We lived there for almost 4 years--
which is 2 years longer than we've stayed at any other house.
In the past 13 years we've moved 11 times!
Last night we went over to the house for one last inspection.
While the kids picked up all the little stuff in the backyard
and my husband worked on the garage,
I cleaned the kitchen one last time.
And I cried.
They were tears mixed with sadness and gratefulness.
If you haven't seen this video yet, you really should watch it.
And to my dear husband I say,
"Grow old along with me!
The Best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in his hand
Who saith, "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!"
~Robert Browning
2 comments:
I totally understand the bitter/sweet of it. Hang in there! I am so glad the whole sale process is done for you--Such a relief!
Now on to more great memories in your new home!!! :)
I didn't know you had a blog!! ;o) Fun seeing you at the store the other night. Dave reminded me that I would NOT be seeing you on Sunday, after I said "see you tomorrow" ;o) I still forget we're not in the same ward anymore!!
Post a Comment