Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CAMP LOMIA

Girl's Camp this year was such an amazing experience for me that to try to sum it up in a post would not express even a tenth of my feelings. I think my husband might have wondered what went on after I came home Sat afternoon and took a 3 hour nap followed by a full night's sleep a few hours later. Then on Sunday I managed to drag myself to church and then came home for a nice long nap again with another full night's sleep.
It wore me out! It wore the girls out too! Hannah didn't even make it to a bed!

Can you see how steep this climb was?
This is a picture Bro Judy took on our 2nd year hike. It was about 8 miles long to the top and back. I was supposed to go with the 1st years but they had enough leaders on their hike and the 2nd years from our ward needed another leader. I'm not going to lie to you, there were a few spots that made me nervous! I was so proud of my girls who kept positive and kept going even when they were scared and didn't want to finish. I'm so glad that I went too. I loved being with the girls for the morning and I didn't mind the calories burned either.

This is another great picture Bro Judy took of our amazing stake presidency! I got to know each of them a little better during camp and I was thankful for the opportunity.

Here is our ward with 4th years, YCL's, and leaders included. We had 33 girls there.
As a leader, prior to going to camp, I thought about it in relation to the girls. Everything is geared especially for them. We pray and hope that their lives will be touched, that they will feel their Father's love for them, and that their resolve to be "strong and of a good courage" will be strengthened. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I wasn't expecting that I too would be so moved through the experience. My life was touched! As His daughter, I felt His love for me. And I rededicated my life to being strong and courageous. I'm very grateful that I was able to attend Girls camp!

No comments: