You know it's summer here...
When you have to take a shower 3 times in one day: once in the morning, again after swimming, and another one after working out.
When you pay $5.00 for grocery store cookies to take to cub-scout pack meeting rather than turn on your oven for even one minute!
When you pass up the closest parking spot for the one with the most shade.
When the neighborhood park is completely deserted.
When a high of 89 degrees sounds pleasant.
When you can buy fresh strawberries, watermelon, and corn for cheap! Hooray!
When your 3 year old son has a dark tan line around his waist and the cutest little white bum you've ever seen!
When otter-pops are the number 1 thing in your freezer.
When you can line-dry your clothes in a couple hours (inside the house)!
When you actually don't mind taking your 4 kids to the mall, the movies, or even the grocery store because it's something to do inside.
Seriously...can I survive this heat for another 3-4 months?
What are the tell-tale signs of summer for you?
10 comments:
Erin, you said it perfectly:-) Fortunately though the weather seems to be very mild so far:-) Sure not looking forward to it hitting FULL force CONSTANTLY:-/
Erin, you said it perfectly:-) Fortunately though the weather seems to be very mild so far:-) Sure not looking forward to it hitting FULL force CONSTANTLY:-/
This is a great list! Looks like we all have a lot in common in the summer. :)
When you burn your hand on the seat belt in the car.
When you hear lawnmowers outside.
When you feel like making an orange julius.
And having to get up really early to exercise or work in the yard before the sun gets up.
When you want to live in the swimming pool first thing in the morning.
And when at 10:00pm you ride down the streets with the air conditioner on Max in your car and hear on the radio that it is over 100 degrees!
I love it! This is definitely the best list I have seen to cover the summer. I don't know how i am going to last the whole way through! I told Karl that it is time to go camping, NOW! too cute!
Great description!
For me:
Harkins movie days!
The abundance of friend time I get when they come over to swim.
Using my toaster oven instead of my regular oven...wait..that is all year!
The desire to do indoor house projects.
Hey have I told you about the summers here? They are amazing. You should come visit.
I know that summer has arrived when I brush my teeth in warm water because nothing cold is coming out of the faucet. Good times!
when you can't find a bag of marshmallows in the store that haven't already melted together!
Post a Comment