It's the chore that I hate the very most! On wash days I put it off until last. I hate it. It takes forever to sort and put away: socks in every size, underwear, t-shirts, pajamas, shorts, and more socks. It gets divided and put away all over the house in all kinds of different drawers, closets, and places.
As I'm writing this I have a white mountain load covering my bed waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
Tonight I'm going to roll it back onto the bench. I'll think about it tomorrow.
What chore do you hate the most?
7 comments:
There are two chores that I can't stand:
(1) cleaning the hair out of drains
(2) washing tupperwares of moldy food from the back of the fridge (I don't have a dishwasher right now).
I don't mind white laundry so much because it smells nice. But it does sort of take a while.
I"m with you! It's laundry. Though I'm not to picky... I hate it all.
I'll do your white load if you do my dusting!
I hate dusting because even after you do it, it seems like it needs to be done. I think it shouldn't exist.
I love laundry, but HATE stain removal, probably because there is always a huge mass of clothing with stains. Thank you preschool for buying paint that is not, in fact, washable.
Dishes! They never end. Do you know how much time I'd have if we didn't have to eat? No shopping, no coupon clipping, no planning menues, no prep, no cooking, no cleaning up, no DISHES. Man, or in this case WOMAN, life sure would be less crazy!
You're right, the white load takes twice as long to fold! Worst chore ever in my book is washing sheets and putting them back on the beds. I agree with Jessica. We need a detestable chore co-op. I'll gladly fold your whites and do Jessica's dusting if you guys make up my beds....and maybe mop the floor. That's a close second on my detestable chore list!
I hate the white load, too. In fact, Sometimes I time it so it's the last load to be done, Then it often stays in the dryer and we find ourselves heading to the dryer every morning to find a clean pair of underwear and socks. If you time it just right, you can get away with leaving it there until the NEXT time you do laundry and just fold a few things with the next batch!
As for the most hated chore, it has to be vacuuming for me. I put that off even more than laundry. It takes SO long to do the whole house, and after half an hour you can't even tell you did it.
The tupperwares of moldy food are pretty bad, too, though! As is the shower. And the kids bathroom. I think I'm with Cheryl! I hate it all.
I mix most of my whites with everything else and I do two to three loads of laundry every day. There is no such thing as "laundry day" around here. There are a few whites which I wash separately but since it's not a full washer and it's only once a week, it's actually one of the loads I don't mind folding. I've stopped doing most of the cleaning around here, my children now do most of it. I have taken on a supervisory role. I rather like it.
Post a Comment