Thursday, July 22, 2010

A HUGE DEPRESSING DISAPPOINTMENT

At the beginning of the summer, my sister-in-law who lives in Thatcher told my children that they should come visit for awhile. They were ecstatic and asked me to call her to set a date practically every single day since she suggested it. Finally the date got set up and they were going to spend next Monday-Wednesday evening with them. #3's backpack is already packed.

They were overjoyed and I was euphoric!

Three glorious days to myself!!

72 hours completely mine to use or waste however I wanted.

I had a super long list of all the things I was going to accomplish and places I was going to go. Realistically I probably couldn't have done everything, but I can dream.

So tonight she called to cancel.

{big sigh}

What do you dream about doing if you had 3 days all to yourself?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Three days all to myself...I would have fun with my husband. We would play Rockband and other video games. We would hang out with other couples. Maybe we would get a project or two done, maybe.

Auburn said...

Oh man! What a disappointment is right!! My parents are taking my kids for 5 days at the beginning of August and I have so many things I want to do! I'll be a bit hindered by being 35 weeks pregnant, but I'm still determined to enjoy my time!!

melissa said...

I would sleep...whenever and however long I wanted. And eat whenever and whatever I wanted. And leave whenever and where ever I wanted. And read for however long I wanted. I obviously would want to do a lot.

I'm so sorry you missed out on that!!

Cheryl said...

Oh, I have all sorts of dreams. Most of them revolving around sitting in a clean house with no one screaming at eachother or doing the never ending ,"mom,mom,mom,mom,mom,mom,..." all the while doing the constant tapping on my leg. I dream about picking a project-any project- and seeing it through with no interruptions. Oh the sweet bliss of dreams.

Jessica said...

This is boring but I would spend the time organizing my house and pitching kid toys without them around to peek in boxes and whine about stuff they never play with anyway. I'd also try to do some sewing/scrapbooking projects with the luxury of leaving the stuff out in the dining room and not having to clean up before bed.

I hope you're able to reschedule!