Wednesday, April 7, 2010

THE FAITH OF A CHILD

The last 6 months of life have been challenging, yet during this time I've had more answers to prayers and more manifestations of my Father's love and concern for me than I can ever remember before. It's a long story with many miracles, but my 9 year-old daughter has summed it up beautifully. So I will share her version with you. (One minor detail: We didn't buy the house "just in case;" we bought it because we love the neighborhood and thought it would be a good investment--never thinking that one day we might move into it.)

"Two years ago my parents bought an extra house just in case. A couple of months ago my mom woke up in the middle of the night and had a prompt to move into the house. Just recently my dad lost his job but it is ok because he has a new job. My dad isn't makeing as much money as he was. The other house costed less so much less than this house. The ward split and we were moving so we are in *the new ward* now. None of our family are in our ward. I bet Heavenly Father wants my family in that house for a reason. My mom said that we might never figur it out, but we are grateful for the cheaper house we have to move into. I think that this is an answer to our prayer to be ok. I am grateful for all our blessings."
#2 is a deep thinker. She ponders things and asks questions. I am touched by her pure faith. She inspires me to be better than I am. I am so very thankful for her example in my life.

1 comment:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Erin, What an amazing daughter you have raised. She is such an inspiration:-) Thanks for sharing!