Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SUNDAY DINNER, TEMPLES, GARAGE SALE, & PREGNANCY TEST

Before you get too impressed with me, understand my husband did all of this. After getting a Bosch for mother's day I have tried unsuccessfully to make rolls at least 5 times. Finally when I decided that it must be old yeast to blame for my failures, my husband comes along and makes picture perfect rolls. I knew it was me all along but it at least made me feel better when I could blame my lack of cooking ability on the ingredients.

My 10 year-old son shared a family home evening lesson with us on temples. He built us a model complete with Lego Angel Moroni statue up top.


A few weeks ago we had a great garage sale where we sold all remaining baby items like the 10 year-old crib, pack n play, highchair, etc. I was very happy to have them out of the way and not taking up space. Now this isn't any kind of announcement as to the final number of our family, but it did seem ironic that 2 weeks later I found myself buying a pregnancy test at Walgreens.
One of my friends even said before the garage sale, "I will keep my crib until I have grandchildren because the day I get rid of it will be the month I get pregnant."
Anyway, with a big sigh of relief, it looks like we'll still be a crazy set of 6.


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my, I could eat that whole pan of rolls, they look fabulous. I will pick homemade, white, fluffy rolls any day over dessert.

I'm glad you're not having any unexpected surprises. It is funny how that happens. We intend to stop with four kids, but I also intend to hold on to some of my baby stuff (esp. the stuff guests might need when they visit) because of Murphy's Baby Law.

JLJ said...

I love that lego temple; very smart of #1. Jealous of the Bosche mixer. I love my kitchen aid but I think if I want to get serious about making bread weekly I'm going to need the heavy duty stuff.

Unknown said...

All I can say about the pregnancy scare is hahahaha - that is how it always goes. My sister in laws all "loaned" me their baby stuff because if they "gave" it to me they'd get pregnant. Very bold move to sell it all. I've given away almost all of my baby stuff and so far so good. Of course I secretly hope to get pregnant soon... so we'll see.

Cheryl said...

Those rolls look so good I'm salivating!!!!! Let us know next time he does that. Also, way to go #1 with that model! That is some talent!