I read a book while ago (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society) and today a line from it has been repeating in my head.
The line is actually a quote attributed to a Roman named Seneca. He says:
"Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.”
In the past week I've been feeling overwhelmed with 'light griefs,' and I've been able to chatter about them incessantly: primary stuff, working on 3 real estate deals concurrently, family drama with my sister-in-law's wedding, kids and their messes, blah, blah, blah.
But today my husband lost his job and I am at a loss for words.
7 comments:
Oh Erin, that is a huge bummer. I hope this means a better opportunity is in store for him and your family (and I hope that the better opportunity comes along FAST).
Your family is not alone, in this economy so many people are losing their jobs, and I can recommend some great Mom bloggers if you're interested who have brought up this issue because it has touched their own lives. You are also not alone with the "light griefs" thing -- I feel like silly, trivial things like the traffic or a rude cashier can put me in a funk for the whole day (like today).
Erin, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.....I know Heavenly Father has a plan for you and everything will work out just fine. You are an AMAZING family! If you need ANYTHING let me know:-)
I'm sorry to hear that. Life is what we make it...through the hard times and the sad. Many lessons are learned and you become better. But it sucks! I'll be thinking of you guys. Good luck! Hopefully you'll find something soon.
I am so sorry Erin. It really is the big things that hit that finally quiet the complaints. We'll be thinking about you. (Not that that would be something new- we miss you guys!)
I'm so sorry Erin!!! That is TOUGH. We've been there and it's not easy (I think you've been there before as well!). You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. You're right... PERSPECTIVE...
I'm so sorry Erin.
I'm sorry, I know that things will work out. Love ya!
Post a Comment