Last week I stayed up late reading. As a general rule, when I've been up late I try really hard NOT to look at the clock. It is so much easier for me the next day if I just know that I didn't get very much sleep as opposed to knowing that I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep.
So I went to bed late and had fallen asleep when I jolted awake remembering that #2 had lost one of her teeth and was expecting a visit from the tooth fairy. Arg!
I stumbled out of bed and while turning off the alarm noticed that it was 3:30 am. I go downstairs and spend several minutes trying to find my purse in the dark. I only have a $5.00 bill. Double Arg!
I get back upstairs and go into her room to try and find that stupid tooth, now worth $5.00. She is a crazy sleeper and often ends up splayed across the bed with pillows and blankets every which way. I look all over for the tooth: under the pillow, on the floor, under her bed. I can't find it anywhere. Triple Arg!
Finally in complete frustration I put the bill under her pillow, without collecting the tooth, and go back to bed.
She woke up in the morning and came to me all disappointed because the tooth fairy hadn't come. I reassured her and told her to look around her bed because it may have fallen down during the night. You can imagine her excitement when she found the 5 dollar bill and her wonderment upon discovering that the tooth fairy had left the tooth!
So I went to bed late and had fallen asleep when I jolted awake remembering that #2 had lost one of her teeth and was expecting a visit from the tooth fairy. Arg!
I stumbled out of bed and while turning off the alarm noticed that it was 3:30 am. I go downstairs and spend several minutes trying to find my purse in the dark. I only have a $5.00 bill. Double Arg!
I get back upstairs and go into her room to try and find that stupid tooth, now worth $5.00. She is a crazy sleeper and often ends up splayed across the bed with pillows and blankets every which way. I look all over for the tooth: under the pillow, on the floor, under her bed. I can't find it anywhere. Triple Arg!
Finally in complete frustration I put the bill under her pillow, without collecting the tooth, and go back to bed.
She woke up in the morning and came to me all disappointed because the tooth fairy hadn't come. I reassured her and told her to look around her bed because it may have fallen down during the night. You can imagine her excitement when she found the 5 dollar bill and her wonderment upon discovering that the tooth fairy had left the tooth!
3 comments:
We were so good at remembering for, like, the first three teeth. Then it got old. The tooth fairy has forgotten many nights -- we've explained that it must be her day off, or she had too many kids to visit and will come the next night.
This has happened way to often here, except I totally forget about until the child comes in so sad, because the tooth fairy forgot about them. So I tell them that I forgot to call the tooth fairies secretary to let her know to come to our house. It has been a life saver "lie" for me, who is QUEEN of forgetting. What a good mom for remembering before the morning:-) BTW, Her hair is adorable!
Our tooth fairy is also of the very late variety. We have the kids tape the tooth to a piece of paper and they write their name next to it. Or if they have lost the tooth, they write a note to the tooth fairy. Calvin even drew a map once explaining where to find the tooth - very cute! Either way, there is a paper for me to find and not a tiny tooth. Amazing that you were able to drag yourself out of bed for the tooth fairy.
Post a Comment