I took #3 out on a date last Saturday. I was excited because I had seen that one of my favorite bookstores--Changing Hands Bookstore--was having a book reading with Strawberry Shortcake. #3 LOVES Strawberry Shortcake and much to the chagrin of #1 & #2 picks the movie to watch anytime she gets a turn.So we started out at the bookstore. She looked berry bored as the reader read 3 different Strawberry books. When Strawberry Shortcake came out I asked #3 if she would like to say hello.
Her response? "No, that is not really Strawberry Shortcake. It is just someone wearing a costume. Strawberry Shortcake isn't even real. She's just a cartoon."
Well that certainly deflated me. After that we went to lunch. Since it was her date I let her decide where we would go to eat.
Her choice? "Somewhere that has a playground."
So after having a marvelous lunch of chicken nuggets at Chick-Fil-A we had to stop at Costco for a few things.
Side note: I hate Costco on a Saturday and avoid it at all costs!
When we got home this was her report to her silbings, "I got to play on a playground. I had chicken nuggets and a milkshake too. We went to Costco and I got to try all the food."
Ta-da! I guess its good to know that for now all my 5 year old needs to make a day successful is a fast food place with a playground and a 1/2 hour stop at Costco. I can't imagine what a $1.00 splurge for a Costco churro would do for her, but I will save that for another day when she begins to expect more of me.
1 comment:
Well, you were never one to be overly impressed by celebrity either. :-)
Post a Comment