Sunday, May 3, 2009

EBAY, EASTER, REAL ESTATE & ANSWERED PRAYERS

At the beginning of the year, we decided to make a more focused effort on building up a financial reserve and being better with our budget. I've been praying for help too.

Around the same time, all of my real esate dues and fees came due. We thought about letting my license go inactive for a time but then decided its always better to have it available just in case. So we paid the realtor bills.

I had a couple years worth of bins of kids clothes in our closets and so I decided that April would be my big e-bay month. After about 100 auctions, hours of sorting, taking pictures, listing, packaging and mailing, I was astounded at the money I earned.

During the middle of the ebay craziness, a real estate client came out of the blue to me. I spent more hours driving around looking for homes, writing the contracts, turning in paperwork, talking on the phone to mortgage lenders, title companies, short sale specialists, and the sellers. We finally closed on the deal last week! Again, I earned money that I had not been expecting at the beginning of the year.

Also in April I had to do 24 hours of continuing education for my license renewal. I had 2 full years to finish the classes, but naturally I put if off until the last month possible. So in 2 weeks I spent 24 hours in classes. So obnoxious but necessary!

Needless to say, April was a busy month! I worked so hard to earn the extra money and yet I know it was in answer to prayers given. I won't lie to you, I would have preferred to win the Monopoly game at Albertsons, but I know that I've been blessed. He won't do the work for us when we can do it for ourselves, but I do know that He hears and answers my prayers and I am humbled by that.




Plus the Monopoly game doesn't end until May 19 and there is still one more $500,000 prize, although I'd be fine with the $5,000 gift card too. #1 is hoping for the Wii. I guess we'll see.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Way to go, Woman! I'm proud of all your hard work. It really is great when you can see how the Lord is helping when you need it.

Also, I can't believe how big your little man is! It is a testament to me that we don't see eachother enough.

Finally, we still need to go out to the movie for your birthday!

JLJ said...

You are right about the work. Sometimes we are mistaken in believing that answers to prayers are just gifts that fall into our laps. Really, most of our 'blessings' are products of our own efforts or good decisions. It is the Lord who grants us the breath and strength or wisdom we need to make it happen. Congratulations on all your hard work.

PS Wendy had her baby last night. 8 lb 14 ounces. Delivered at home.